At Watkins Meegan, we know that an audit should do more than just ensure compliance. An effective audit can help a company to reduce risk, streamline accounting systems and fine-tune policies and procedures. It can also improve a company’s overall performance and provide valuable information for financial statement users.
Additionally, our custom audit approach is designed to minimize any interruption to your daily business operations. With Watkins Meegan, you not only receive traditional attest services, but also assurance that your company has the policies and procedures in place to meet your goals.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, including the application of FIN46 and FIN48
- Employee benefit plan audits, including 401(k) plans and 403(b) plans, as well as defined benefit, defined contribution and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) audits
- Internal audits / internal controls assessments
- Fraud audits and assessments
- Information technology audits
- Audits in accordance with U.S. government auditing standards, including OMB A-133 (Yellow Book) audits
- SAS 70 type I and type II reports
Watkins Meegan belongs to the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) Center for Audit Quality and the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plans Audit Quality Center. Our membership in these groups ensures our professionals have access to the most updated information and resources. Our employees are required to take various types of CPE for at least 40 hours per year to remain up-to-date on standards, ethics and to perform the types of audits we specialize.