November 21. 2011 | Anthony Bocchini
An Accountant’s Holiday Wish List
The fall tax deadlines have come and gone, signaling that winter is officially here. The last of the Halloween candy is now gone; spooky decorations and carved pumpkins have given way to falling leaves and Christmas lights sprinkled throughout local neighborhoods.
It’s an exciting time, but preparing for all that comes with holiday traditions can also be quite hectic. An especially frustrating aspect of the holidays for me is the shopping. No matter how far in advance I plan it out, I always end up running out to pick up last minute gifts. So, as I prepare myself for the upcoming holidays, I thought it would be helpful to put together a list of gifts that accountants might appreciate:
Accountant’s Wish List:
- The Wall Street Journal Subscription – Reading the WSJ is one of the best ways to keep up with all the latest happenings in the business world. The online access is especially helpful during business trips.
- Business Card Holder – A great way to keep your business cards organized and in mint condition before passing them out at a marketing or networking event.
- Stress Ball – With deadlines seemingly always on the horizon, stress is unavoidable. A soft, handheld ball to squeeze in an effort to relieve the tension is great to help you relax and get back on track.
- iPad – They still aren’t exactly cheap, but iPads have gone from being a cool personal toy to an exciting new way to do business, capable of running all sorts of business-related software and specialized applications.
- Dry Cleaner Gift Certificates – In a client driven industry, appearance can be crucial in maintaining good business relationships. Freshly laundered business suits aren’t cheap; these gift cards can definitely come in handy.
If you’ve got a family full of accountants like I do, you might be able to use a few of these suggestions in your holiday shopping. Feel free to drop any other gift ideas in the comments section!
Comments (0) »